Joshua Tree Skin Care products are my go-to for on and off-water skin care. Whether I’m needing sun protection, pain relief, blister love, or a shower, I put some JTree on it, and I’m good to go!
This spring brought about new adventures as I patiently waited for my shoulder to heal. My adventures started in February with my first day on skis, pole-less. March came, and I was able to check a few places off my backcountry hit list: Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Washington and Broken Top.
Easter egg hunting on Mt. Washington (Photo: Lizzie Rubado)
Line choice is key at Broken Top (Photo: Molly Jones)
This summer brought about a pretty rad hit-list:
- BC Bike Vacation (Whistler, Squamish, Pemberton)
- Plains of Abraham
- Oakridge, OR
- Ashland, OR
- McKenzie River Trail/OLeary, OR
- Falls Creek, WA
- Siouxon Creek-Huffman Peak
- Gunsight-Surveyors Ridge, OR
- Tahklak Lake brews and views
- Climb and camp near South Sister/Camp Lake
- Ski Mt. Adams, WA
- Paddle, paddle, paddle
- Run or bike around Mt. Hood
- Paddle Lava Island Falls in Bend, Oregon before the end of the summer
- Coast camp-out
- Regain full shoulder ROM
- Weekend in a fire-tower
- Clendenning self-support kayak trip in BC
- Race pedal-bikes
Enjoying the local trails: Gunsight- Dog River
Plains of Abraham, Washington
New to me this year is pedal bike racing. More specifically racing of fun, squishy, super-rad mountain bikes in the Oregon Enduro Series. My first race took place on home-turf in Hood River, Oregon, followed by races in Bend, Oregon and Cold Creek, Washington. Turns out it’s pretty fun and generally awesome. So is the JTree that keeps me from getting ridiculously sunburnt at said races.
I’m off to Ashland this weekend for race #4 of the 5 race OES series… wish me luck!